The Baldringe Runestone was first illustrated in 1693, where it had been built into the Baldringe Church cemetery wall. It then disappeared until it was found again in 1884-85, in connection with a restoration.
: þurkisl × sati × kubl × þausi × aftiR × tuma × sban : fruþaR ‘ sun × faþur × sin × harþa : kuþan : þikn
“Thorgisl raised this memorial after his father Tuma the prophesier, son of Fröd, a very capable thane”.
The stone stands thirteen meters west of the western end of the church, its original location is unknown.